Lincoln Golf Course was established in 1909 making it the oldest operating golf course in the state of North Dakota. The once par 71 golf course ran along the Red River of the North. The massive flooding of the Red River in 1997 caused damage to the course along with 90 percent of homes and businesses in the Grand Forks area, causing the largest (pre-Katrina) forced community evacuations to take place since the civil war.
After the flood, Lincoln was renovated into a 9-hole, par 35 layout to make way for a new dike system. Fortunately, many of the preexisting holes were utilized in the newly developed layout. They also created Mullally Little Links Kid’s Golf Course, which is designed to encourage children to try the game of golf by offering free green fees and equipment.
The current facility now offers a 9-hole golf course, free kids course, putting green, chipping area, pro shop, rental clubs, snacks & beverages, and pull & power carts.